The mission of the Benedictine Institute is to strengthen the Catholic and Benedictine character of Saint John’s University that has been its hallmark since it was founded by the monks of Saint John’s Abbey in 1857.
Study trips to Benedictine sites
Established in honor of Br. Dietrich Reinhart, OSB
The Benedictine Institute at Saint John’s was established by the University’s Board of Regents in 2008 to honor the late Br. Dietrich Reinhart, OSB, president emeritus of Saint John’s University. Reinhart served as the 11th president of Saint John’s University from July 1, 1991 to Oct. 21, 2008.